Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Reading

“The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.” 
― Jane Austen 


I cannot even begin to explain how amazing these words are. For Jane to have written them makes them near perfect for one and secondly they're so strait forward and to the point I don't know if I should laugh or cry. Since I'm only 16 and already own a large collection of novels it makes me a bit of a book worm. I also really do understand the fact that many people do not enjoy the company of a good book. Yet it seems most ill to deprive yourself of such knowledge and pleasure even if it is only for a short period of time. If I could have a dollar for each time I was told by another teen that, "I've never read a book in my entire life and I never plan to!" I would have a pocket full of money. (No honestly I would!) My question is why would you want to hide hidden worlds, secret romances, and wisdom from yourself? In each book there is something to be gained and I believe Jane thought so to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment